Dana R. Fisher’s work has been profiled in the Washington Post, New York Magazine, and Wired. She has appeared on ABC Nightline, Morning Joe, PBS Newshour, CNN, and on various programs on NPR, the CBC, and the BBC.
She has published words in The American Prospect, The Washington Post, TIME Magazine, The Nation, Business Insider, and at the Brookings Institution. Her work is regularly featured in media outlets.
Recent selected media coverage in Backwards chronological order (see below the recent coverage for a more complete list):
- Get Up, Stand Up: What Actions Move the Needle? Climate One Podcast, 5/5/2023.
- Why Climate Activists Are Turning To Drastic Measures. NPR Science Friday. 4/28/2023.
- Climate protesters smear paint on case housing Degas sculpture in D.C. Washington Post. 4/27/2023.
- The surprising science of climate protests. BBC Future. 4/21/2023.
- The viral #StopWillow campaign shows how TikTokers are tackling climate change. Washington Post. 3/7/2023.
- Radical Climate Protests: do they help or harm the movement? Planet A, DWNews. 1/6/2023.
- Climate activists’ new, confrontational tactics aren’t popular. That’s kind of the point. Grist. 12/22/22.
- Throwing soup at the problem: are radical climate protests helping or hurting the cause? The Guardian. 11/12/22.
- Is eco-vandalism an effective way to raise awareness about climate change? Experts weigh in. ABC News, 11/11/22.
- Frustration Simmers Around the Edges of COP27, and May Boil Over Far From the Summit. Inside Climate News, 11/11/22.
- Fed up young climate activists: ‘Adults aren’t listening.’ Associated Press, 11/10/22.
- The 24-year-old trying to bring conservatives into the environmental movement. ABC Nightline, 11/9/22.
- From throwing soup to blocking traffic, what makes an effective climate protest? What on Earth Podcast, CBC News, 10/28/22.
- The debate over vandalizing art to fight for climate action, CBC The National, 10/24/22.
- Climate Conservatives, IMPACT x Nightline, Season 1, Episode 2, HULU, 10/13/22.
- Can Climate Protests Make a Difference? BBC World Service: The Climate Question. 10/10/22.
- A victory at whose expense? Climate activists grapple with political compromise. Washington Post. 8/10/2022.
- ‘Like a public shaming’: tire-deflators target carbon-spewing SUVs. The Guardian. 7/27/2022.
- Lessons Learned from the Post-George Floyd Protests. FixGov at Brookings Institution. 7/22/2022.
- How the Universal Language of Music Can Help Us Solve Our Planetary Problem. TIME Magazine. 6/24/2022.
- Where have all the Climate Activists Gone? Grist. 6/16/2022.
- It’s Time for Democrats to “Stop Clapping for Tinkerbell.” The Nation. 6/10/2022.